Notre Dame cracked the top 10 of the Associated Press college football poll for the first time this season, coming in at No. 9, and Michigan fell out of the rankings for the first time in two years.
2017 ScheduleAll times ET
Michigan was the appetizer for Big Ten No. 1 Penn State, which faces league No. 2 Ohio State in Columbus this week.
Seth Walder ESPN Analytics
Penn State may have impressed last night against Michigan, but FPI is still not particularly bullish on the Nittany Lions' chances to win the Big Ten. The model gives them an 18% chance to win the conference, behind Wisconsin (30%) and Ohio State (52%).
Seth Walder ESPN Analytics
After routing USC last night, Notre Dame received a 2.7-point upgrade to its FPI rating and moved up three spots in the FPI rankings to No. 5. No new teams entered the top 10, and the order of the top four teams did not change.
Jonathan Taylor ran for a touchdown and broke the 1,000-yard mark for the season, Alex Hornibrook passed for two scores and No. 5 Wisconsin stayed unbeaten with a 38-13 win over Maryland on Saturday.
ESPN Stats and Information
Jonathan Taylor passed the 1,000 rush yard mark on the season in the first quarter Saturday against Maryland. Taylor needed only seven games to reach the mark, which is tied for the fewest by a freshmen in FBS history.
Taylor joins fab froshes with century mark
Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor crossed the 1,000-yard rushing mark in the first quarter Saturday, in his seventh game of the season. That matches the FBS record for fewest games needed by a freshman to reach the 1,000-yard plateau. Taylor also has the most rushing yards through seven games by a freshman in Big Ten history.
Badgers favored to keep rolling over Terps
No. 5 Wisconsin was in a scare last week against Purdue but remains the favorite in every remaining regular-season game. The Badgers have also won 20 straight games against unranked opponents. Maryland is 1-19 all-time in road games against ranked teams.
Defense is Michigan's strength this season, but don't sleep on Penn State's defense, either, as the Nittany Lions lead the nation in scoring D.
Matt Schick, Ryan McGee and Peter Burns talk about Wisconsin's legitimacy as a title contender and debate how the Badgers stack up against other teams with title hopes.
Edwards and Oklahoma junior Orlando Brown are the first-team tackles. Badgers freshman RB Jonathan Taylor was named to the second team.
If Wisconsin quarterback Alex Hornibrook and his offense are going to make a run at a championship this season, they won't be able to give more talented teams the same opportunities.
It's hard to imagine an undefeated Power 5 conference champion being left out, but Wisconsin has beaten zero opponents with records above .500. Another champ with a tougher schedule could get the nod.
Our Heisman Watch panel has Penn State's Saquon Barkley as the leading contender for the Heisman Trophy, but Stanford's Bryce Love is gaining ground.
Which unbeaten team should be No. 2 behind Alabama? Tell us in the Capital One Fan Vote.
Take a look back on the best performances of Week 7 in the Big Ten and look ahead to Week 8.
The Big Ten has three teams ranked in the top six of the AP Top 25 and five included in the top 20. If that isn't enough, it has the best rivalry game, the best collection of coaches and the game's most electrifying player.